- 13-Feb-2017 to 14-May-2017 (CST)
- Product Design
- Cary, IL, USA
- Full Time
Coilcraft is a successful, privately-held company in Cary, IL with a global reputation for high quality passive electronic components. Coilcraft operates in a wide range of markets, including telecommunications, computers, automotive, broadband communications and consumer electronics. We are seeking a skilled and driven individual to join our product design team as a Project Manager.
- Lead a team of electrical engineers in the creation of product design and development. Motivate, develop and direct as they work; identify the best people for the job.
- Provide regular progress reports, updated schedules and project correspondence. Actively search for ways to assist the team.
- Monitor and assess the progress of the project(s) including start and completion dates of individual tasks. Make improvements or take corrective actions when necessary.
- Review the work breakdown structure to estimate the level of effort for individual work tasks and make adjustments to work scope where needed.
- Implement quality checks and reviews at key project milestons. Consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions in order to choose appropriately.
- Notify management of any project discrepancies and work to resolve the problem.
- Interact with operations, manufacturing, sales, marketing, etc to take products from design to completion.
- BSEE or BSME degree
- 5+ years design experience in a related industry
- 5+ years project managment experience
- Leadership and creative problem solving skills
- Project management experience a plus
- Ability to change directions quickly
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Strong work ethic and follow through
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and follow up skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written)
- Autocad and/or Solidworks a plus.
This position may require compliance with ITAR export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens or have permanent resident status.