- 13-Apr-2017 to 12-Jul-2017 (CST)
- Machine Build
- Cary, IL, USA
- Full Time
Coilcraft, Inc., founded in 1945, is an established worldwide organization specializing in the manufacturing of magnetic components including high performance RF chip inductors, power magnetics and filters with headquarters located in Cary, Illinois. We are looking for a Controls Engineer to work in our custom machine design and build department.
- Program Programmable Logical Controls (PLCs) including optimizing machines to reduce cycle times, increase uptime and minimize operator input.
- Designing control systems used in hi performance automated machines including researching new components, panel layouts, schematics,building programming and troubleshooting.
- Work with PLCs, servo systems, stepper systems, HMIs, power supplies, motion controllers and communication loops.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Electronics.
- 3+ years previous work experience with programming PLCs.
- Structured text programming experience.
- Documentation skills using Microsoft office products.
- CAD experience for documenting schematics.
- Beckhoff TwinCAT and Solidworks experience a plus.
- Vision systems experience a plus.
- Creative problem solver with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including health and life insurance, holidays, vacation building to 4 weeks in 10 years, sick time, tuition assistance, 401(k) with company match and profit sharing.
This position may require compliance with ITAR export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens or have permanent resident status.